Beat the Chill with Soup Therapy Day-6
Missing the fun of dining at your favorite bistro but the threat from the winter-weather is On and don’t feel like coming out of your cozy homey zone just like me ! Don’t worry, I have a solution to it.This home-made Tomato Basil Bisque will surely content you and remind you of the same local-bistro taste.
Tomato Basil Bisque is a succulently decadent soup bursting with immense tomato flavor infused with fresh basil. It is one of the favorite soups among the kids due to the awesomeness of buttery flavor and richness of cream. But mine doesn’t have any cream. To add creaminess, yet keep it healthy, I used non-fat Greek yogurt instead of cream.
So, let’s take advantage of these frosty evenings to enjoy that extravagance and cozy warmth of soup with this homey tomato basil bisque which is guilt-free creamy.
Creamy Tomato-Basil Bisque
Prep time :10 mins Cook Time: 30 min. Yields: 4-6 servings
10-15 medium Tomatoes chopped
2 tablespoons shredded Fresh basil leaves and a few leaves for garnish
1 tablespoon Olive oil
2 tablespoons Unsalted butter
1 medium Onion chopped
3 Garlic cloves chopped
4 cups Vegetable stock
Salt to taste
10-12 Black peppercorns freshly ground
1/3 cup Non-fat Greek Yoghurt
- Heat the oil and Butter in a deep pan, add onion and cook gently for five minutes, stirring frequently, until soft, but not brown.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic ,basil and vegetable stock. Season with the salt and freshly ground peppercorns. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer gently, partially covered, for twenty minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Puree the mixture in a blender. Strain the puree into a another pan.
- Add more stock if the puree is too thick and adjust seasoning if required.
- To Serve, add the Greek yogurt and stir until smooth making sure you don’t heat too much.
- Serve hot garnished with some fresh basil.
Beat the chill by enjoying the hot soup with the family ! Keep following for the “Soup Therapy Day-7” on the blog.
Pleazzzz don’t forget to share it on your social media with friends and family in case you enjoyed reading my blog. After all, “Sharing is Caring”.
Eat healthy, exercise well and stay tuned for more recipes. Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest and please click the follow button to keep receiving the updates on my new blogs and it’s free.