Soup Therapy Day-2
Indo Chinese is one of the favorite cuisine in my house. So, on Soup Therapy day-2, I prepared this Indo-Chinese Chili Veg-soup infused with that strong burnt Garlic flavor. This delicious Vegetable soup was a hit at home as everyone licked their bowls clean. So, here’s how I prepared it.
Chinese Chili Veg Soup
Preparation Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 30 MIN
Total Time: 1 HR Yields: 4 To 6
2 tbsp sesame or olive oil
4 cups-frozen mix veg (my frozen mix-veg pack had diced carrots, beans, shelled Edamame and sweet corn)
1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
4-5 big garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 small red bell pepper finely chopped
1/2 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
1 tablespoon tomato sauce
2 tablespoon Soy sauce
2 tablespoon Red chili sauce (use 1 tbsp if you want to keep the spice level low)
1 tbsp Vinegar
2 tablespoon corn-flour
4 cups vegetable stock
2 cups Water
Salt, black pepper to season the soup
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add Sesame seeds.Let it splutter.
- Add garlic and fry till nicely browned or till you get the aroma of the burnt garlic.
- Add onions and saute for a minute. Add bell pepper and saute for another minute.Add Ginger-garlic paste and saute for another 30 seconds.
- Steam or boil the mix vegetable beforehand just until soften. Don’t over-steam. keep it aside.
- Add 1 1/2 cup water in the wok . Add vegetable stock to the wok and let it boil for a 5 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, red chili sauce, vinegar and tomato ketchup .
- Add Salt and mix well.
- Dissolve the cornflour in 1/2 cup water and add it to the wok.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, till it starts to thicken.
- Immediately add all the steamed vegetables in the wok along with freshly ground pepper and saute for a minute.
- Close the stove quickly or else the soup would thicken too much.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped spring onions green.
Beat the chill by enjoying the hot soup! Keep following for the “Soup Therapy Day-3” on the blog.
Pleazzzz don’t forget to share it on your social media with friends and family in case you enjoyed reading my blog. After all, “Sharing is Caring”.
Eat healthy, exercise well and stay tuned for more recipes. Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest and please click the follow button to keep receiving the updates on my new blogs and it’s free.