My favorite Cake baking adventure time is back again ! This time I am baking a Dark Chocolate-Coffee cake. Friends are an integral part of our lives. A cake is incomplete without icing. So is the life without friends. This one is for my special friends Rupa and Aditya and their adorable daughter Smera who joined us for a wonderful Saturday evening at our place.
This cake is dark, moist, rich and incredibly decadent. The instant coffee I used blended amazingly well with cocoa to create the most intense and delicious chocolate cake anyone could hardly resist.
1 ¼ cups sugar
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ cup buttermilk
1 ½ tbsp instant coffee
2 sticks unsalted butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour baking pan or loaf paN.Set aside.
- In the mixing bowl, sift and combine the sugar, flour, cocoa, coffee, baking powder and salt. Mix all dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Add beaten eggs, buttermilk, butter and vanilla. Whisk nicely to create air in the batter.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow it to Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire racks. Cool completely.
Cut slices and Serve.
My friends and family enjoyed this phenomenally rich and satisfying chocolate cake. Hope you would enjoy it too !
Pleazzzz don’t forget to share it on your social media with friends and family in case you enjoyed reading my blog. After all, “Sharing is Caring”.
Eat healthy, exercise well and stay tuned for more recipes. Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest and please click the follow button to keep receiving the updates on my new blogs and it’s free.